After revisiting places I once enjoyed in Bohol, it was time to move to a new destination in the Province that I have never gone before. This time it’s the Municipality of Anda. Thanks to my friend Dulce, she introduced me the Vice Mayor Inday Cimacio who spoiled me with things that made my stay at Anda incredibly remarkable.
Here are the highlights:
- Anda is two hours ride from Tagbilaran City. Fare is Php 150.00 and van terminal is located near Island City Mall.
- We were warmly welcomed by Vice Mayor Inday. We stayed at her beautiful home in Anda. Not only she provided us room to stay, she lent me her 4×4 vehicle I can drive for the whole day of our tour. So kind of her.
- Our breakfast was sponsored by J&J Residence Beach Resort. Met the couple and they showed us their beautiful property.
- As habit, I requested to drop by the Parish Church and was blown away by the beautiful murals painted on the ceiling. The church was spared during the 2013 earthquake. Their patron is Senyor Santo Nino.
- The highlight of our Anda Tour is the visit to the mystical LAMANOK ISLAND.
- Lamanok Island is said to be the cradle of civilization of the Boholanos. It is believed where the early people of Bohol came from as supported by the remnants of the ancients artifacts found in the island dating before Spaniard regime in the Philippines.
- The island has a graveyard site where ancient wooden coffins and burial jars are found. Human bones are also there indicating the presence of early settlers in the island.
- In one part of the island, you can see red hematite paintings believed to have painted by early people.
- There were fossilized giant clams too.
- Caves are all over. What really amazed me is the shaman’s cave. Believed to be enchanted, Lamanok Island becomes a place where “mananambal’ would come/converge and offer something for the “dwellers” of the island.
- Our tour guide, Mang Fortunato, was very informative and hell yeah, he scared the hell out of me. Well done Tay!
- After the 4 hour tour, I drove back to Anda and headed for Amun Ini Resort and Spa, probably the most beautiful beach resort in the whole Anda. We had of dinner here.
- We headed back to Vice Mayor’s home and waited for #KapusoMoJessicaSoho program where I was featured. It was fun watching myself on TV – at Anda.
- Ended the night with two bottles of beer at Anda’s White Sand Long Beach. It was my friend’s Birthday. Happy Birthday Dulce – from OLAN and MAYA.